If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- A Hundred Years Ago, someone kept his New Year’s Resolutions, but didn’t care about the Lives of Others – February 1921: Winston Churchill
- “The Impostor” by Javier Cercas
- A Postcard from Las Vegas
- A Postcard from Paris
- A Postcard from New York
- The Danger of Digits and Digitalization
- A Postcard from the Mount of Beatitudes
- A Hundred Years Ago, Ships still had Cats, and Planes did not only disappear in the Bermuda Triangle – January 1921: Carroll A. Deering
- A Postcard from Trakai
Tag Archives: Clint Eastwood
I had gone to Huéscar for market day, thinking I might as well look for my favorite Spanish newspaper, El Pais. It would find it at the tobacco shop, I was told. As I entered the store, just around the … Continue reading
Clint Eastwood talking to Barack Obama: Barack Obama listening to Clint Eastwood: It would help if the two gentlemen could agree on a venue and a time before speaking with each other.
The copy: The original:
The Old Man and the Sea: The Old Man and the Seat: I am no big fan of Ernest Hemingway and I am usually a big fan of Clint Eastwood, but between these two options I prefer option no. 1.