If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Battlefields turned Red – November 1921: Poppies
- New Government Eases Path to German Citizenship
- There is a Bus Stop for Everyone
- Learning Minimalism from the Kids
- One Hundred Years Ago, an Ex-Emperor wanted to have another go at it – October 1921: Karl of Austria-Hungary
- A Damaged Roll of Film
- Cats of Lost Places
- Smuggling Cigars into Poland
- The Situation on the German-Polish Border
- Guben 2021
Category Archives: Madeira
One Hundred Years Ago, an Ex-Emperor wanted to have another go at it – October 1921: Karl of Austria-Hungary
Zur deutschen Fassung. After World War I, four empires lay in ruins. The former rulers dealt with sudden unemployment in very different ways. The Russian Czar Nicholas II got himself shot. The Ottoman Grand Vizier Talât Pasha got himself shot. … Continue reading
In 2017, I actually got around quite a bit. So much that my passport fell apart. But instead of souvenirs, I only brought back dozens of notebooks, filled with stories to be told, and a few photos to accompany them. … Continue reading
Photographed in Funchal, Madeira.