- If you care neither about the deficit, nor about providing public services, it’s actually quite easy to cut taxes.
- When I saw books by Džon Grišam at the bookshop in Montenegro, I was happy that my name wouldn’t have to be changed quite as much for the Serbo-Croatian editions of my books.
- “You judge very quickly,” many people judge me, often rather quickly.
- Romania is offering 85 scholarships for BA, MA and PhD studies plus one year of Romanian classes (which at least for speakers of another Romance language is not too hard).
- A fully revised and updated edition of one of the best books on Latin America has just been published: Forgotten Continent: A History of the New Latin America by Michael Reid. Highly recommended for anyone going to Latin America and interested in more than Machu Picchu and caipirinha.
- In 2017, I have analyzed all your Facebook posts. Those of you who are single are 65% happier.
- Once, I was in Oxford, and fell into a coma.
- I feel sorry for Jesus. His birthday was always on Christmas, so he only got presents once per year.
- On the same note, I feel sorry for people living in countries with only one Christmas. Long live the schism!
- I don’t understand all this glass half-full/half-empty debate. I always drink straight out of the bottle.
- I have come to the sentence “Nemam pojma” in my studies of Serbo-Croatian.
It describes the situation very well.
- In 56% of the cases in which I prepare a cup of tea, I forget about it and only rediscover it hours later when I walk into the kitchen again.
- Based on how people feel after talking to me, I have a new business idea:
If you ever need a headache, I can give you one. Only 49 $ and money-back guarantee.
- Something for my lawyer friends: some generous PhD scholarships by the University Sant’Anna in Pisa, Italy.
- Legal marijuana in Germany is really taking off. Maybe I’ll have to devote one of my popular pages with legal FAQ to that subject.
- In Montenegro, I met a house-sitter, i.e. someone living in a house on behalf of the absent owners, taking care of the plants and pets. “I can do that, too,” I thought, minus the dogs. And I already got the first job. This summer, I will be living in Vienna for two months.
- Remember that I warned you about Bitcoin.
- Yes, Oprah Winfrey gave a good speech. No, she should not run for President because of it. Let’s please have someone again who studied law and spent some time as a Congressperson or in government. I don’t understand the appeal of “outsiders”. Would you include a swimmer in a football team, just because she is an “outsider”? Or pay your barber to take care of your legal problems?