Some people don’t understand why other people climb up mountains. During my ascent of Savin Kuk (2,322 m = 7,618 ft) in the Durmitor mountains in Montenegro, I have tried to explain the motivation that drives people like me out of cities, out of the flatland and into the mountains.
If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,704 other followers