Chestnuts

I love finding chestnuts. Whenever I spot one or two in the forest, it gives me joy and I pick them up. But today, on the way from my home in Vilnius to the supermarket, I found more than I had ever hoped for. I had to stop picking them up because my pants’ pockets were sagging to the ground, drawing me with them and into a less than flattering appearance.

How much happiness can come from little things!

But now I have too many. What do to with them? Does anybody have some interior design ideas? Or better yet, an interior designer herself? – If not, I may have to use them for military purposes.

(C) for the photos: Andreas Moser, 24 September 2012

Travelling the world and writing about it. I have degrees in law and philosophy, but I'd much rather be a writer, a spy or a hobo.
This entry was posted in Life, Photography and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Chestnuts

1. Stefan MD says:

Roast them!

2. Not sure they have edible chestnuts in Lithuania, some tell keeping a chestnut in your pocket is good againt headache and you can make children’s toys too

3. I haven’t seen that many nuts since the last Star Trek convention I attended….. :D

• Ambassador Pointy-Ears says:

Hey! Watch it!

• Don’t worry, Ambassador, I THOROUGHLY resemble that remark. As in, I was Grace Lee Whitney’s escort on a cruise in 1987, among many other stories. So, Peace And Long Life to you, Sir! :)

• Ambassador Pointy-Ears says:

@John: Nice save. Congratulations! You narrowly avoided a Vulcan nerve-pinch.

• Does it help that I hated Robin Curtis’s Saavik, but thoroughly enjoyed meeting her? She’s a funny, sweet woman – but just can’t stand up to Kirstie Alley. IMHO, of course. :D

• movie buff says:

…said someone who himself is obsessed with goats. (“Night on Earth”, anyone?)

• Not obsessed, just willing to be good friends with our cloven-hooved neighbors! (And cats, and horses, and donkey, and…..) :D

4. Oh I love your photos:-) I might make a house for us with chestnuts and whenever somebody wants to attack us you can shoot them with your chestnut gun!!

5. Ryan says:

They keep away spiders! Really it’s true!

• Ryan says:

So i like to keep them in my bedroom, just in case ;) Keep up the good work with your blog, and on allexperts :p