If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
- What is it with American Clients and their Nazi Obsession?
- Winter is Coming
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
Join 8,743 other subscribers
Tag Archives: world map
The most dangerous thing in my house is not the chainsaw. Not the stockpiles of Semtex. Not even the cigars. The most dangerous item in my house is a piece of paper, attached to the wall, showing the map of … Continue reading
Map-making has always had the problem of trying to fit the surface of a (roughly) ball-shaped object on a flat piece of paper. A map reflective of the true proportions of our planet would look something like this: However, most … Continue reading