If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,704 other followers
Tag Archives: Oberstenfeld
Hiking in this part of Germany, you don’t need a map. The castles, towers, fortresses and ruins will guide you just fine. Continue reading
In a week of nothing but cold days, yesterday was supposed to be the least cold one. So I left home, early enough to catch the rising sun behind the forest, for my weekly walking ritual. From Oberstenfeld, I climbed … Continue reading
Just a few photos from today’s walk in the area of Baden-Württemberg, in which I am currently house-sitting. Today was my weekly “secular Shabbat walk”, the day chosen not because it was the last day of the year, but for … Continue reading