If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Schöntal and Berlichingen
- Winter is no Excuse not to go Outside
- Lisbon in the Time of Corona, Cholera and Cocaine
- North Korean Motivational Music
- Last Sunset of 2021
- New Year’s Eve Walk
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Digging began – December 1921: Rhine-Main-Danube Canal
- A Shortcut through the Nuclear Power Plant
- Well, I guess I have to travel to Singapore then.
- “Slow Trains to Venice” by Tom Chesshyre
Tag Archives: fireworks
I spent New Year’s Eve and the first couple of days of January 2014 in Palermo, the capital city of Sicily. I only made one New Year’s resolution (although I had previously dismissed those kind of resolutions as bunk) and … Continue reading
Every first week in November, all over Great Britain fireworks are lit up for “Bonfire Night” to commemorate the failed Gunpowder Plot of 1605. A group of English Catholics around Guy Fawkes had conspired to kill King James I and to … Continue reading