If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Hej Hej
- Sunrise at the Cemetery
- Facing the Firing Squad in Style
- One Hundred Years Ago, Countries were established that have been all but forgotten – August 1921: Baranya-Baja and Tannu-Tuwa
- To Stockholm, on a Train of Uncharted Consciousness
- Peak Sweden
- A Birthday without Lake Garda
- “The Hundred-Year-Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson
- Protective Equipment
- Cat Content, Literally
Tag Archives: Arequipa
Zur deutschen Fassung. When I disclose that I am from Germany, I am always asked about soccer, cars or Nazis. Sometimes, I would rather pretend that I am from Lithuania or some other little known country. But in Peru, I … Continue reading
„Why does nobody ever listen to me?” the do-not-overtake sign on the road from Puno to Arequipa wonders yet again.
Sometimes I make mistakes. It was a mistake to believe that Arequipa would be like Cochabamba just because it has the same perfect climate, spectacular mountain views and is of similar size. Maybe it’s not fair to compare anything with … Continue reading
Every few days, my regular good-morning concert of yapping dogs, hammering neighbors, beeping cars and weeping babies is enriched by Beethoven’s Für Elise. First I thought that one of the neighbors has a monotone taste in music and is playing the song … Continue reading