If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Journey to the Center of Europe
- Nobody needs an Airport
- Drug Dealers with an Honor Code
- Escaping the War
- One Hundred Years Ago, two young Men left Bavaria for the United States – June 1922: the Vogl Brothers
- Back from the Carpathians
- Slow Down!
- Film Review: “Top Gun Maverick”
- Walking from Kötzting to Viechtach
- Battlefield Tourism – Then and Now
Join 8,540 other followers
Category Archives: Apulia
I did not catch the actual liberation of Italy from the Nazis and Fascists in World War II on video, admittedly. But yesterday, on 25 April, the 69th anniversary of that event was commemorated. Of course Italy was not liberated in … Continue reading
A short train ride to the south of Bari is the town of Polignano a Mare, where the houses are situated on top of steep cliffs as if they were scrambling to get the best view on the sea, with at least … Continue reading
It always happens, wherever I move. As soon as I settle in, somebody tries to get rid of me already. A few minutes ago, a car bomb exploded outside of my house in Bari, Italy. Luckily, it happened during lunchtime … Continue reading
At Castel del Monte in Apulia in Italy, taking notes for my upcoming report about my visit to this extraordinary castle.