If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, Sweden set out to Create a New Man – January 1922: Eugenics
- Schöntal and Berlichingen
- Winter is no Excuse not to go Outside
- Lisbon in the Time of Corona, Cholera and Cocaine
- North Korean Motivational Music
- Last Sunset of 2021
- New Year’s Eve Walk
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Digging began – December 1921: Rhine-Main-Danube Canal
- A Shortcut through the Nuclear Power Plant
- Well, I guess I have to travel to Singapore then.
Category Archives: Apulia
I did not catch the actual liberation of Italy from the Nazis and Fascists in World War II on video, admittedly. But yesterday, on 25 April, the 69th anniversary of that event was commemorated. Of course Italy was not liberated in … Continue reading
A short train ride to the south of Bari is the town of Polignano a Mare, where the houses are situated on top of steep cliffs as if they were scrambling to get the best view on the sea, with at least … Continue reading
It always happens, wherever I move. As soon as I settle in, somebody tries to get rid of me already. A few minutes ago, a car bomb exploded outside of my house in Bari, Italy. Luckily, it happened during lunchtime … Continue reading
At Castel del Monte in Apulia in Italy, taking notes for my upcoming report about my visit to this extraordinary castle.