- What a week in South America. Venezuela is moving closer to dictatorship
- and in Paraguay, protesters set the Parliament building on fire.
- Too bad I don’t have time to be everywhere myself. Both would be extremely interesting right now.
- I have been worrying a lot about clean air, clean water, clean atmosphere, but honestly, the pollution that annoys me the most is noise.
- Why does the eagle in the Austrian coat of arms have a hammer and a sickle? Is he/she a communist?
- I just learned about the “Green Book“, a travel guide published by Victor Hugo Green from 1936 to 1966 that listed hotels, restaurants, barber shops and gas stations in the United States that accepted black travelers and customers.
- In an interview on that subject, someone remembered how, as a little boy, he was happy that his parents always had a pick-nick basket with chicken and melons in the car. Only later did he find out that this was necessary, for they were refused service by most restaurants and supermarkets on the road.
- For stamp collectors, there is an additional reason to ask me for a postcard, a letter or a parcel from South America: exotic stamps.
- Are there still people who collect stamps?
- I believe that my early fascination for stamps from the USSR, Tanzania and French Guiana arose my interest both in traveling and in history.
- If you want to join the French Foreign Legion, you should know that you have to do four pull-ups before you can even enter the recruitment office. I couldn’t do it.
If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- How Photographers Get Killed
- Driving a Lorry for Brexit
- Hej Hej
- Sunrise at the Cemetery
- Facing the Firing Squad in Style
- One Hundred Years Ago, Countries were established that have been all but forgotten – August 1921: Baranya-Baja and Tannu-Tuwa
- To Stockholm, on a Train of Uncharted Consciousness
- Peak Sweden
- A Birthday without Lake Garda
- “The Hundred-Year-Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson