- I am still getting up every day before 6 am. But because of that, I need a pizza or a steak at 10 am at the latest and by noon I am already smoking cigars.
- Dear Donald Trump, “she’s not my type” is neither a valid nor a smart defense against charges of sexual assault.
- Bob Dylan. Another Nobel literature laureate of whom I have never read a book. But this time I feel less uneducated about it than in the years before.
- Maybe the Eurovision Song Contest could let a book win the next time.
- I am so nervous ahead of the US presidential election that I am checking the latest polls at least once a day.
- If there was only one airline in the world, I would already have collected enough miles for a free flight.
- I may put “professional party pooper” on my next business cards.
- I do not agree with him on all the issues and I am not really a conservative, but Evan McMullin sounds like the most intelligent and thoughtful candidate in the US presidential election so far.
- When I read news like the one about a man in a Batman costume chasing other people in clown costumes, I realize that I miss the United Kingdom a bit. I have never lived in a funnier country.
- Maybe there will be cigars with rocoto taste one day.
- Why is there no BDS movement against Donald Trump?
- Today in a corner shop in Mollendo in Peru: “Sorry, I don’t stock lighters or cigarettes because it would tempt me to start smoking again.” Me: “Ok, then I will take two pieces of the cake. That’s better for my health anyway.” “Much better” the friendly lady confirms and adds a third piece for free.
- The question I am most tired of: “Do you have WhatsApp?”
- Do these two guys also remind you of Beavis & Butthead?
And now I am going to watch the last presidential debate of the year. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will be happy that they will never have to see each other again.