Is it still the Kaaba (the black box in the arena) which is supposed to be the holiest site in the world, or has Mecca just become another place to worship dollars and riyals (and a copy of Big Ben)?
If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Lol, I’ve never seen Mecca beyond the Kaaba. That Big Ben is something else.
That is an amazing photo! I looks like a toy city.
I love the photo, great snapshot. That really shows how talented photographer you are.
I didn’t actually take that photo, nor have I ever been to Mecca, nor would I have a helicopter to take aerial photos. Photos on this blog are only mine if they are listed in the “Photography” category.
phallic symbols abound, he he
Pingback: Where is Mecca? | The Happy Hermit