I don’t know why so many people are obsessed with becoming millionaires – or of those who already are, with becoming billionaires. I don’t get the point of collecting more wealth than you can spend.
But oddly enough, without striving for it, I have developed a fool-proof plan to become a millionaire. As I am rather opposed to material wealth, I am not going to implement it myself, but I will generously share it with all of you. But be warned that becoming a millionaire will not make you happy! – I can see you don’t believe me…
So here’s the 5-step plan:
- You need an initial investment of around 999$(US). If you don’t have that, you’ll have to work for a month or sell your car.
- Buy a ticket to Vietnam. Depending from where you start, this will cost you between 100$ and 900$.
- After you arrive, you buy a Coca Cola or a banana and pay with a 50$-note.
- You will get a bit more than 1,000,000 Vietnamese dong in return. Plus the drink or the banana, of course.
- Now you are happy because you are a millionaire.
In step 6, you will realize what a silly, shallow and pointless goal you had set yourself. Depending on your personal level of wisdom, the time between step 5 and step 6 may vary from 30 seconds to 30 years. The same applies to the time that is required to recognize the deeper meaning behind this article. Some will die without getting it.
- More investment advice.
- Because you are a millionaire now, but I am still a poor writer, I would really appreciate any kind of support to keep this blog going. Thank you!
- Because you can’t go to Vietnam during the Corona crisis, I have updated this advice for the time of the quarantine.
- This advice was also published by Medium.