If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, Sweden set out to Create a New Man – January 1922: Eugenics
- Schöntal and Berlichingen
- Winter is no Excuse not to go Outside
- Lisbon in the Time of Corona, Cholera and Cocaine
- North Korean Motivational Music
- Last Sunset of 2021
- New Year’s Eve Walk
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Digging began – December 1921: Rhine-Main-Danube Canal
- A Shortcut through the Nuclear Power Plant
- Well, I guess I have to travel to Singapore then.
Tag Archives: Ypres
Zur deutschen Fassung. Since this is not only a history blog, but also a travel blog, I naturally thought of combining these two aspects when I began the “One Hundred Years Ago …” series. Under the pretext of urgently having … Continue reading
For the moment, hitchhiking is pretty much suspended. But this story of a trip across central Europe, from Belgium to Bavaria, offers interesting encounters, practical tips and grounds for dreaming about the time hereafter. Den deutschsprachigen Lesern empfehle ich die … Continue reading