If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Slow Down!
- Film Review: “Top Gun Maverick”
- Walking from Kötzting to Viechtach
- Battlefield Tourism – Then and Now
- My Drug Dealer from Cuba
- Visit Germany for only 9 Euros this Summer!
- A Walk around Odessa
- Split Personality
- One Hundred Years Ago, Germany and Russia laid the Foundation for World War II – April 1922: Rapallo
- One Hundred Years Ago, Genocide did not go Unpunished – April 1922: Operation Nemesis
Tag Archives: Ypres
Zur deutschen Fassung. The following is the English translation of a presentation I gave during a field trip with my university to Ypres. Because it’s a German university, there is a focus on German (language) sources and on the German … Continue reading
Zur deutschen Fassung. Since this is not only a history blog, but also a travel blog, I naturally thought of combining these two aspects when I began the “One Hundred Years Ago …” series. Under the pretext of urgently having … Continue reading
For the moment, hitchhiking is pretty much suspended. But this story of a trip across central Europe, from Belgium to Bavaria, offers interesting encounters, practical tips and grounds for dreaming about the time hereafter. Den deutschsprachigen Lesern empfehle ich die … Continue reading