If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
- The Holy Ghosts of the Azores
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 6) Walden
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 5) Ammer Gorge
- Why is German reunification celebrated on 3 October?
- For my Chinese readers
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 4) The Longest Day
Tag Archives: mosque
I was in Iran for the first time in December 2008 and January 2009, one of my traditional Christmas/New-Year getaways, hoping to escape these awkward festivities. However, many people still wished me “merry Christmas” or “a happy new year”, with some Iranians … Continue reading
Don’t climb the pulpit in a mosque and pretend to be an imam! Luckily, not many people were listening to me and my sermon at Vakil Mosque in Shiraz, Iran. Another rule: if you pretend to be an imam, at … Continue reading
Don’t go to a mosque to steal the Quran! Obviously, I didn’t steal any books. But ever the bibliophile, I needed to take a closer look. (I did however take a prayer stone with me from Hakim Mosque.)