- MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK from 2010 to 2013
- Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany from 1995 to 2000 (graduated in the top 30 % in the state of Bavaria)
- A Levels equivalent in Germany (Abitur) in 1995 (graduated in the top 10 % of class). Majors in English and Law & Economics.
- Student exchange program in Adelaide, Australia for 3 months in 1992.
- In private practice with own law office from 2002 to 2009. Main areas of experience: International law, esp. international family law, refugee and immigration law, administrative law.
- Admitted to the bar in 2002. Specialization course in administrative law in 2004. Bar-certification as a family law specialist in 2007.
- Chairman of the supervisory board (Aufsichtsrat) of sheepworld AG, a gift and greeting card company, from 2002 to 2006. Handling all legal affairs for this internationally active corporation, including corporate, trademark, copyright, contract, consumer and employment law.
- Legal clerkships after Law School (2000-2002):
- 2001-2002: US Army JAG Corps, 1st Infantry Division, Vilseck, Germany
- 2001: law firm Murchison & Cumming in Los Angeles, California, USA (civil litigation defense)
- 2001: District Attorney’s Office in Amberg, Germany
- 2001: City Attorney’s Office in Amberg, Germany
- 2000-2001: Superior Court in Amberg, Germany
- Internships during Law School:
- 1998: German General Consulate in New York, USA
- 1997: German Federal Securities Regulatory Office (Bundesaufsichtsamt für den Wertpapierhandel in Frankfurt) – Department for tracking down insider trading
- 1997: Clark County District Attorney’s Office in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA – Criminal Division and Juvenile Division
- 1997: German Special Prosecutor’s Office for Nazi-era crimes (Zentrale Stelle der Landesjustizverwaltungen zur Aufklärung der Verbrechen des Nationalsozialismus in Ludwigsburg)
- German: mother tongue
- English: fluent, also regarding legal, economic and political terminology. Paper based TOEFL 660 points (1997), 8.5 in all bands of IELTS academic version (2009). Certificates „English for Lawyers“ and „Business English“
- French: basic
- Italian: basic
- Spanish: basic, but improving every day
PUBLISHED COURT CASES
– Supreme Court (Bundesverfassungsgericht),1 BvR 204/03,NJW 2006, 3052 = BVerfGK 7, 452 = JA 2007, 236: free speech case
– Appeals Court Nürnberg, FamRZ 2006, 878 = IPRspr 2005, Nr 205, 553-555: parental custody of a US soldier during his deployment in Iraq
– Appeals Court Nürnberg, FamRZ 2006, 878 = IPRspr 2005, Nr 205, 553-555: continued German jurisdiction in custody proceeding after children moved to the USA
– Appeals Court Nürnberg, FamRZ 2009, 637 = IPRax 2009, issue 3, page XI: German divorce granted although parties had already divorced in Florida
– Family Court Amberg, FamRZ 2005, 1839: no interruption of required separation time despite sex between spouses after separation
– Family Court Amberg, NJW-RR 2009, 2: preponderance of a child’s educational needs in a distribution of property dispute about a computer
– Family Court Bamberg, FamRZ 2008, 1098: the abducting parent has to bear the expenses of the Hague Convention proceeding even if she/he voluntarily returns the child in the course of that proceeding
– Family Court Fürth, JAmt 2008, 498: custodial rights can be ceased because of overseas stay without possibility of being contacted
– Family Court Mainz, FamRZ 2007, 2083: no distribution of retirement benefits in German-American divorce
– Family Court Nürnberg, FamRZ 2004, 725 = IPRspr 2003, Nr 93, 271-274: international child abduction USA-Germany
– Family Court Nürnberg, FamRZ 2008, 1777: international child abduction France-Germany with the specialty of the child having habitual residence in both countries
– Family Court Nürnberg, FamRZ 2009, 237 = NJOZ 2008, 3681: no return of a child according to the Hague Convention on Child Abductions because custody in the original country of habitual residence was not exercised
– Family Court Rostock, FamRZ 2009, 625: international child abduction United Kingdom to Germany (continued in the Hight Court in London)
AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK