If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- More Exciting than a Thriller
- A Hundred Years Ago, someone kept his New Year’s Resolutions, but didn’t care about the Lives of Others – February 1921: Winston Churchill
- “The Impostor” by Javier Cercas
- A Postcard from Las Vegas
- A Postcard from Paris
- A Postcard from New York
- The Danger of Digits and Digitalization
- A Postcard from the Mount of Beatitudes
- A Hundred Years Ago, Ships still had Cats, and Planes did not only disappear in the Bermuda Triangle – January 1921: Carroll A. Deering
Search Results for: easily confused
People who call themselves “influencers”, but don’t influence me at all: What really influences me, although none of their authors would use such a stupid self-descriptive term: Influenza: The last one can be pretty influential, actually. It definitely impresses me … Continue reading
In fiction: In reality: Heck, even the part about the investigation makes sense in both contexts.
Bad Civil War monuments: Good Civil War monuments:
Donald Trump: Justin Trudeau: What a difference an education makes.
Donald Trump on GDP: I already understood more about GDP in 9th grade. But then, I just went to a regular public school. Robert Kennedy on GDP:
Dehumanization of Jews in Nazi propaganda: (Source: Der Giftpilz by Ernst Hiemer, published in Germany in 1938.) Dehumanization of Syrian refugees by Donald Trump: All that reading of Nazi literature really left its mark.
Mass hysteria: Mass hysteria:
Llama at Lake Titicaca: Llama on Isla del Sol: Llama with curry: Links: All articles from the “Easily Confused” series. More about Lake Titicaca, Isla del Sol or about Bolivia in general. More cute animals.